One of the most overlooked superfood is bone broth, which is made by slow simmering it over low heat for 24-48 hours, to give the bones time to soak into the broth. This simmering causes the bones and ligaments to release healing compounds like collagen, proline, glycine and glutamine that have the power to transform your health. It cointains over 19 easy-to-absorb, essential and non-essential amino acids (the building blocks of proteins).
Health Benefits of Bone Broth:
- Loaded with minerals, amino acids, collagen, and proteins.
- It has very few calories.
- Treats Leaky Gut Syndrome.
- Overcomes food intolerance and allergies.
- Contains collagen/gelatin, which helps form connective tissue.
- Improves joint health.
- Improves skin health.
- Reduces cellulite.
- Boosts immune system.
- Reduces intestinal inflammation.
- Boosts Detoxification.
- Aids the Metabolism and Promotes Anabolism.
Here is a simple recipe to make bone broth at home, and enjoy all the health benefits this soup can provide you.
- 4-5 lbs of any animal bones.
- 1.5 liters purified water.
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar.
- Wash the bones, an place in a slow cooker.
- Add water and vinegar.
- let it simmer in slow setting for 24-48 hours (24 for soft bones like chicken or 48 for hard bones like beef).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Enjoy alone or add cooked vegetables, rice, pasta, grains, etc.
Health professionals recommend to drink 4-8 oz. daily, at least 3 times per week to experience all the benefits of bone broth. Another recommendation is to add vegetables, in order to enjoy further health and nutrition benefits of this delicious soup.