Children love to celebrate Halloween, but with the celebration comes a load of sugar and candy, making hard for parents to keep the little ghouls healthy but not impossible. Here are seven easy recipes that children would love to make, and at the same time encourage a healthy celebration.
1. BANANA GHOSTS
- Ingredients: 3 bananas and 12 mini dark chocolate chips.
- Preparation: Cut bananas in half, and make eyes with chocolate chips.
2. CHEESY BROOMS
- Ingredients: 3 white cheese slices, 3 carrot sticks, 1 fresh chive
- Preparation: Cut three long pieces of carrot. Fold each cheese slice and cut the edges with a knife, wrap them around the carrot stick, and keep it together with a string of chive.
3. BLOODY EYES
- Ingredients: 3 Babybel® cheeses, 1 sliced black olive, and some ketchup.
- Preparation: Cut the olives in slices, place one on top of each cheese, fill the center with ketchup and spread some around the sliced olive.
4. WITCHY FINGERS
- Ingredients: 3 carrots, 3 almonds, and some ketchup.
- Preparation: Shape the carrots as fingers and make cuts in the middle with a knife, place an almond at the end, and paint it with ketchup, put ketchup all over like blood, you can also use barbecue sauce.
5. CHEESY MUMMIES
- Ingredients: 3 celery sticks, 6 white cheese slices, 6 edible eyes
- Preparation: Cut the cheese in small slices and place them on top of each celery stick diagonally, put in the microwave 2-3 seconds, just enough to stick together (be sure to have an adult helping with this step), and place edible eyes on top.
6. MONSTER TRAY
- Ingredients: Assorted small fruits or vegetables, edible eyes
- Preparation: Place eyes on each fruit, vegetable, or piece, put them in a tray, add some dip or dressing.
7. MUDDY WORMS
- Ingredients: 6 sugar-free gummy worms, 16 sugar-free Oreo® chocolate cookies, 3 clear plastic disposable cups.
- Preparation: Take out the cream from the cookies, and crush them with a rolling pin. Fill with the crushed cookies 3/4 of each cup, place two worms on each cup, halfway into the dirt.