This is a simple, practical, and easy to make project for your garden. No special tools are required to build this garden project, you only need cinder blocks and some rich gardening soil…
The cinder blocks are standard 16″ X 8″ X 6″, which can be purchased under five dollars each at most home improvement stores, and some blocks will need to be cut in two halves. There are several advantages to using blocks versus wood, for example, block will not rot like wood or other materials, and every plant will grow individually on every hole of the block, and they give the best look to you garden!
- 40 – 16 X 8 X 6 inch cinder blocks
- A trans-planter, or any other gardening tool to scoop the soil into the blocks holes.
- 3 – 25 lbs. rich gardening soil.
- Seeds and small plants.
- Paint (optional)
- Choose a spot that is leveled, has plenty of sun and access to a watering source.
- Arrange the blocks starting at the corner, in an “L” shape, going from the inside corner towards outside (Step 1).
- Form rows and columns of blocks, by stacking them on top of each other, and start shaping the pyramid, be sure to leave an empty half a block on each end (Step 2).
- At this point you can start painting the blocks, only at the exposed sides (Step 3), and continue with the pattern until there is no more places to place blocks.
- Fill each exposed hole of the blocks with gardening soil, spread evenly, and plant a seed of small plant on each (Step 4).
- I chose Pansies because they have the perfect size for the blocks, they come in a variety of colors and they are beautiful (Step 5).