I always had my family to lead a healthy life-style, and why not extend it to my 4 four-legged children: The girls are Bambi and Trixie, and the boys are Yanqui and Rolo, and they all love treats, especially biscuits. Making dog biscuits is as easy as mix, bake, and serve. So today I decided to make this recipe of biscuits, with no sugar, using only natural ingredients, and making them in different sizes, since all four dogs are from different breeds, hoping they will enjoy their goodies.
- 2 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour.
- 1/2 cup oats.
- 1 tbsp honey.
- 1 cup grated apples.
- 1/2 cup grated carrots.
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil.
- 1/3 cup water.
- Preheat oven at 350°F. Grease a cookie sheet, and lay a piece of parchment paper on top.
- Core, grate, and measure apples.
- Grate and measure carrots.
- Mix flour and oats.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, and mix them all together.
- Roll a dough and cut into shapes (I used bone shaped cookie cutters of different sizes).
- Bake 45 minutes or until biscuits are firm.
- Let them sit to cool, and give them as a snacks to your pets.
- Makes 18-20 small biscuits, or 12-15 large biscuits.