Matcha green tea has been grown in the Nishio region of Aichi prefecture in Japan, for more than 800 years, and it is known world-wide for its many health benefits; among them, it boosts the immune system, controls stress levels, and helps with weight loss. Matcha also works as a fat blocker, throughout one of its components, called EGCG (epigallocatechin gallate) widely known to boost the metabolism and stop the growth of fat cells. Here I leave you this delicious iced mango matcha latte recipe, that you can prepare in less than 10 minutes.
Matcha green tea is energizing, anti-inflammatory, and high in antioxidants, so once you try this delicious beverage, not only you will feel energized without the kick of the caffeine, but also refreshed by this delicious and healthy Summer drink.
- 1 small mango
- 2 oz. milk of choice
- 1 tsp. matcha green tea powder.
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 4 oz. water
1. Chop the mango in small pieces and freeze.
2. Blend the frozen mango with 2 oz. of water and put it into a glass.
3. Add ice.
4. Pour over the 2 oz. of milk.
5. In a separate cup, put about 2 tablespoons of hot water and add the matcha tea, whisk until it makes a paste.
6. Add honey to the paste, add the rest of the water, stir until they blend.
7. Pour into cup. garnish with whipped cream, mint or a slice of mango.