Cactus pads (nopales) are a very healthy ingredient, and very popular in Mexican cuisine. It is commonly used to treat high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol, hangovers, and obesity. It also has antiviral and anti-inflamatory properties.
4 cactus pads 1 cup shreded lettuce
1 cup refried beans 1 medium tomatoe (sliced)
1 cup shreded chicken 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1 medium avocado (sliced) 1/2 cup Mexican fresco cheese
1/2 cup taco salsa Salt and pepper at taste
- Clean throughly the cactu pads.
- Grill every piece until they acquire a darker color, or until fully cooked.
- Spread the beans on top of evey cactus.
- Add every ingrediens in a later form: First lettuce of top, then tomatoe slices, chicken, and avocado sclices.
- Garnish with cilantro and fresco cheese.
- Add salsa, salt and pepper at taste.