All patio furniture, doors and windows, made of natural wood, need constant attention in terms of varnish and wood sealers. At least once a year, they should be sealed with linseed oil, to preserve the wood and give them a better look. Linseed oil, extracted from flax seed, restores, protects and preserves the natural look of wood, avoid dryness, prevents deterioration, and gives your furniture a beautiful finish, by bringing out their natural look. If you are looking for a “green alternative” or “environmental friendly” sealer for your patio furniture, linseed oil is the choice for a natural product, and can be easily found in hardware stores, and home improvement centers.
How to apply:
1. Clean furniture from all dirt and dry surface.
2. Soak a small towel in the oil, or use a paint brush, and apply thorough all the surface.
3. Let it penetrate the wood, by allowing 5-10 minutes.
4. With a clean dry cloth, remove any excess oil.
5. Add a second coat of oil, if necessary.